ARGENTINA

ARGENTINA

24 September 2010

I AM NEEDED OUT THERE!!

This post is based on a conversation Taylor and I had the first time a couple weeks ago.  A couple weeks ago on Thursday we were in the car and he told me how the lesson that Brother Greiner had given the night before at mission prep was "really awesome."  I asked him what it was about and he said that it wasn't so much what the lesson was about that made it awesome in this case, but that it had been the Spirit that made it great.  I got choked up at that point for a couple of reasons.  It was one of those "paydays" that a good friend of mine told me about years ago that would eventually come.  The other reason was the pure timing of it.  Just that morning I had received an email that there was a new "Mormon Message" available on youtube entitled "Voice of the Spirit."  Taylor and I were able to talk about how it doesn't matter if someone is the greatest teacher on the the planet, it is the Spirit that converts.  Taylor recognizes this and I know that he is going to be an AMAZING AND EFFECTIVE missionary!!

In that same conversation, it came up that I thought we were extremely lucky that Taylor got his call in mid-August and is leaving before the end of October.  He and I both know or have heard of many other people that received their calls before Taylor and aren't leaving until after he does or received their calls at the same time and don't leave until February.  In another "payday" moment, thinking like a missionary, Taylor told me "I AM NEEDED OUT THERE!"  Last week, recounting that conversation to my mom, Taylor brought us both to tears.  Go get 'em, bud!

No comments: