ARGENTINA

ARGENTINA

07 March 2011

REFERENCES ARE THE KEY TO HOW MISSION WORK PROGRESSES

The highs and lows of missionary work continue...but Taylor seems to be handling it well.  He is learning and growing from it all which makes my heart happy!

And, while it is hard to know he got hurt, and I wonder if he shouldn't have had stitches or how bad the "cut" really is, at least I know he is still my boy through and through!!


buen dia.
 
hermana lanari told us that silvanva talked with them and that she already knows some members and i think the missionaries as well. daniel and ara are doing well as well. ara came to church and daniel had apparently went to campo with his parents. we only had one investigator in church yesterday. and it was melina, peter (a member) girlfriend who cant get baptized because of her parents. noemi, ara´s mom, and jorge didnt come either. we were sad when they didnt show. so ara had come by herself with the lanari family. yeah, we have taught ara´s mom and brother pretty much all the charlas and noemi wants to get baptized but she is juntada with another person. but it sucks because he is only there 3 or 4 days each month because he works in rio negro which is like 8 hours south. we asked jorge when is he gonna get baptized but he didnt say anything. we are thinking about restarting the charlas and trying to get a fecha with him. we dont have any fechas. actually that is a lie. we found an investigator the other day whose name is maria. she said she would get baptized if she knew this was the true church. so she said she is gonna pray and we are going to visit her tomorrow. baptisms i count as in my companionship. fast and testimony meeting was good. elder cox and i gave the sunday school class. i feel like we did well. i kinda went along reading the maual for teaching but it was good overall. i didnt mess up my words to bad jaja.
 
so we are being pressed to find more investigators. we are trying to find as many as we can. they want us to always be asking for references. references are the key to how mission work progresses. so always be on the lookout to give the missionaries references! it helps them more than you think! so we had about five citas we set up yesterday in the tarde all made by contacts. everysingle one of them failed. it was depressing. i feel like i have contacted all of cerri as well. but i know the field is white all ready to harvest. i know that with continued searched, the Lord will bless us with investigators.
 
so guess what happened to me yesterday. we were on the way to a cita. i was walking along the side walk, and while one walks on the sidewalks in argentina, you need to stare at the ground or else you will trip. well i was walking along trying to not trip when i hit my head on something. the way they do trash here is different from the states. they have poles with baskets on top in front of their houses where they put their trash so the dogs dont get into it. well i had hit my head on on of the baskets while trying to not trip. so i just keep going thinking it hurt. we get to the cita and elder cox looks at me and tells me i have a big cut on the side of my head. i now have a two inch long cut that starts just above my temple in my hair and ends just above my ear. one cant see it unless they look at me from my right side at my head. but i feel like everyone now stares at me when i walk around because i got a huge cut on my head. but o well. i know it will go away soon, i hope jaja. well, that is about it! i love you and hope all is going well!
 
elder jones

No comments: