ARGENTINA

ARGENTINA

07 February 2011

VERY FIRST BAPTISM AND STOLEN PASSPORT AND NO SOCCER PLAYING

Well, when I first got Taylor's email today all it said was "where's my email mom"?  I can't tell you how sick those words made me!! :(  I had written him a lengthy email yesterday after the game, and waited until this morning to send it, but did in fact add a couple of lines this morning and sent it off.  I emailed him right back with a couple lines telling him I sent it, but would re-send it, hoping to hear back from him, but didn't, so I figured those emails didn't go through either.  After about 45 minutes I finally got the real weekly email, and in it Taylor specifically answers questions I asked him so my emails must have gone through!  I hope not to go through another experience like that again!  It's one thing when email doesn't work here, but usually we can call and say "Hey, it didn't go through." or it isn't such a big deal because the person can just keep checking, but this was huge to me, because I knew that he wouldn't see it for another week.  I know other moms have experienced the same thing (esp. moms with missionaries in foreign countries) but this was a first for me.

On a happier note, Taylor had his first baptism!!!!!!  It was quite an exciting week for him overall.


well, a lot went down this week!
 
rodrigo got baptized! we had asked him who he would like to baptize him and he picked me. so i had my first official baptism yesterday and all! it was a cool experience. i didnt mess up either jaja. so guess what went down, the mission office was robbed this week. the people who robbed it disalamered the alarm and broke all the locks on the doors. they stole the huge safe that had money and passports in it. they only got off with ten passports and mine happened to be one of them. but they deactivated it that day so now i am going to have to go to buenos aires to get a new passport some time in the future. but yeah, just a lot of stuff seemed like it got hard this week the closer we got to the baptism. so i read something that intrigued my interest. seeing as how 1/3 of the children didnt follow gods plan, that means there are a bunch of satans followers who can tempt us. so like there are at least ten spirits tempting each person on the earth or more. it made more sense in my mind. silvana is progressing well. after the baptism of her son, she was crying and wanted to give me a hug real bad. she asked us if she could just get baptized right then and there but we cant unfortunately. she needs to get seperated or married to who she is living with. and married is not looking like its gonna happen. she is fighting with the dude and they arent talking at all. so its a big mess. so i found out missionaries cant play soccer here because there was too many injuries happening. so i dont know if i can come back being a super soccer player anymore. not really any new investigators at this time. we focused on get rodrigo baptized and stuff that was about it really. we are gonna start doing some work again this weeek and find more people to baptize. yeah, obedience isnt a prob with me and elder cox. during the siesta we do one of a few things. we have lunch citas, cook our own food and study, or go to the church and play some ping pong. and all this we do while waiting for people to get up after the siesta. there are six elders in my district including me, and i have no idea about the zone. zone conferences are every three months here. transfers, elder cox is staying another transfer and so am i jaja. so yeah, nothing really big. thats about it in all, i tried to hook my camera up to this comp and it freaked out. so when i have more time i will send pics to you. well, mom i love you! i just finished the book of mormon. i started it during the second or third week of this transfer and now i am in moses. i love the scriptures and all the knowledge they have. chao!
 
elder jones

No comments: