ARGENTINA

ARGENTINA

01 November 2010

THE FOOD IS GOOD SO FAR & PRAYERS IN SPANISH

It's been five days since Taylor went in, an emotional five days.  But, I'm glad that Taylor's first four days in the MTC are over.  You see, when I got back to my brother's apartment after dropping Taylor off at the MTC, Travis told me that if Taylor makes it through the first four days, he'll be good.  He wasn't saying that because he doubted Taylor would make it, he was just saying that those were the hardest days because you were missing people, you had to be in a suit 100% of the time, and it was meeting after meeting after meeting while you learned the ropes.  Travis said that once Taylor got past Sunday everything would be great!  Well, now it is Monday and I got a letter today and a little bit of peace!! :)  Have a great week everyone!

October 28, 2010

Dearest Mother,

Thank you for the letter.  I was the first to get a letter!  Well, the MTC is pretty sweet!  The food is good so far.  My companion is Elder Angell and he is from Georgia.  We get along real well.  I feel as though he will push me hard because he took 4 years of Spanish and remembers all of it.  I on the other hand remember very little and am having trouble keeping up.  But I have learned new words and we are starting to say prayers in Spanish.  I'm struggling with that part.  I saw Elder Neilson today.  He was surprised to see me.  Well I can only write this for so long.  Oh, and email, I am only allowed 30 minutes a day so tell everyone to only send me letters.  The computer will shut the email down in exactly 30 minutes. Te amo!

Elder Jones

3 comments:

shelley said...

You taught him well!! I was also shocked to get a thank you letter last week. I asked Clutch if you had him write before he left, and he said that you did.
Taylor will be a fantastic missionary because he is so easy to love, and he is loving to others in return. He will teach & testify through the Spirit.
Pay day :)
Love,
Shelley

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I'm so excited to hear Taylor is doing well, and that you have a bit of peace now Dee :) I will be sure and send him a letter in the next week to help keep him feeling positive and uplifted.

Love Kristy

Whitney Easton said...

So glad you heard from him! :)